Tuesday, October 25, 2011

running

I'm starting to train again, starting tomorrow. I'm most likely training for another half marathon, but my running buddy wants to do a full marathon (you go, girl), so I think I will start training for that with her and see how it goes. The Illinois Marathon lets you change your race up until a certain point, so I have some flexibility.

I'm nervous, though. After the Kenosha half, I stopped running regularly. I sorta trained for Ragnar, but not really -- and I stopped running again after the relay (granted, I got injured...but I also lost interest.) I fear that training for, and completing, another big race will turn me off from running again. I guess I tend to take the post-race recovery period wayyy too far.

But for now, I definitely feel inspired. I had a great run with a great friend over the weekend, and we both ran much longer and farther than either of us had in a loooong time. I'm looking forward to training with my new running buddy and experiencing the roller coaster of emotions that comes with training and racing. Here we go!

And even though I feel so excited and inspired, I'm trying to remain grounded:


No comments:

Post a Comment