Saturday, October 8, 2011

wedding things that i despise

The color pool blue.
The word pew.
The idea of swags. (Even worse -- swags that hang on the church's pews.)
Things that are described as blingy.
Overlays. Seriously? You need a tablecloth on top of your tablecloth?
The concept of a boudoir photo shoot. Shudder.
High-boy tables. They just look silly.
All the horrific spelling on the wedding websites. It's TULLE people, not tool or tewl or toole.
The amazing amount of money that people spend on new stuff. Almost all (read: all but 3 things) of my wedding decorations are coming from garage sales and thrift stores. If I made a blog post called "wedding things that i love," the first thing on the list would be garage sales. If my mom reads this, she will undoubtedly be embarrassed for me. Whoops!

/endrant

Update: I just encountered the phrase "pew cones." ewewewewewewewEW.

1 comment:

  1. But I love the word pew as a laser gun sound effect. Pew pew!

    ReplyDelete